More information about the ‘Stories 4 Change’ programme:
This will comprise of 5 sessions that will delve into the specifics of each of the base mediums that we’re focussing on. Tutors include Aggie Patricia Turwomwe, Angie Emurwon, Sarah Ijangolet, Lawrence Musoke and Miriam Watsemba.
40 participants will be selected for this phase
Seminars on Story Building Blocks and Story Creation
This will involve an extended series of theoretical and creative input sessions leading towards a collaborative storytelling exercise. All sessions will be hybrid to encourage broad participation and enable upcountry creatives to take part. 15 participants will be grouped and tasked to work on and develop a collaborative multimedia story. They will be expected to identify, script, produce and complete their stories over the course of 1 and a half months under the guidance of a mentor.
15 participants will be selected from the initial 40
The outcome of this project will be showcased and distributed accordingly.
Please note that this programme will be over the course of 6 months so anyone who chooses to participate should be ready and willing to commit to giving their time.
- Applicants must be Ugandan citizens or have proof of residency if non-citizens.
- Applicants should be between 22 and 35 years of age.
- Should have a minimum of ‘A’ level education, with base or working internet and computer knowledge. Some working experience and a basic level of technical skills would be welcomed but not required.
Applications must be accompanied by:
- A portfolio - please share a link to some of the creative work you’ve done in whichever medium you’re conversant with. This may be a link to your website, blog or any cloud storage options like Google Drive, Dropbox or iCloud.
- A motivation letter (between 200 and 400 words) explaining why you should be considered for this endeavour and what you hope to gain from this experience. This can be submitted as a pdf or word document.
- A short concept note (between 400 and 700 words) on your Story 4 Change. Which public, social, economic or political issues are important to you, trigger or inspire your creativity? What do you wish to explore and think is important for others to get to know more about?. This can be submitted as a pdf or word document.
Interested parties should register and submit all necessary documentation in the link below.
Successful candidates will be notified via phone and email.
Females and members from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
NOTE: We will have a couple of online sessions to respond to any questions about the programme and the application process on December 15th and January 5th. You can already register to get reminders of these sessions here.